Pages

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

He is Always on Time.



Two Writing Teachers are hosting Slice of Life.  Join us!


A Bit of a Backstory...

The past 3 weeks have been hard.  Like, you are side swiped and knocked over.  You get up.  You get side swiped again.  You get up.  It happens again.  It begins to happen so much, you just start crazy laughing when it does.  You are clawing to hang onto every piece of positive you can in your being. 

(Lutheran Girl Looks Around...shhh...)  You might be getting frustrated with God.  Where are You?  Why is all this happening?

After lunch today, I'm standing with a friend in the office when the doorbell rings.  As we begin to visit with our guest, she asks us to heat up her lunch.  She's homeless you see, and a pizza hot pocket from the gas station down the way just really sounded good today.  I learned she didn't want that cold meat sandwich, her mom lives on the east side of town...

Without thinking twice, my friend and I lead her down the hallway to the microwave.  She looks around.  
"Did I bother a school?"  

There's a church over here, you came at just the right time so we could help you.  

"Oh yes.  God is Always on Time."

Stopped me right in my tracks.  

I'll say it again if you missed it, "God is Always on Time." 

I'll keep waiting.  I know when He shows up, it will be on Time.  

Joy!  (In the Time.)
Kendra


4 comments:

  1. This gave me goose bumps. I hope everything is OK. I missed reading your slices the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO TRUE! But we need reminders of this, don't we? Things don't happen in the time we always expect, but that doesn't mean the timing is off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen.
    Thank you to your guest (and you) for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. I think you helped Him! How beautiful that He came to visit you today.

    ReplyDelete