Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

#celebratelu Summer Is Here


Ruth Ayres hosts a weekly link up of celebrations here. Join us!

Yesterday I finalized everything I needed to to complete 2 graduate course I took for the summer.  Oh is that a blog post in and of itself.  I'm having an inner struggle with graduate work.  This is not celebratory, so let's save that for another day, shall we?  

I tell you that, because I've caught myself this summer moping about what I haven't gotten to do.  Today I wanted to celebrate-mainly in pictures-what I have done to rejuvenate and recharge for the fall!  In no special order, a celebration of summer:



I spent time with family.  While I ran, I was able to look at this each day.



Coach was so gracious to us during basketball camp.  We have Bulldogs for life!



This hat was made by a woman in a small town in Nebraska.  It's amazing, and my little minion loves it and wears it everywhere.


This fish.  Bee, Nebraska.  Population: 191.  Get there to eat this fish.


I'm loving all these kids and the time we've had with them this summer!


There's a frog in the bucket.  At the bottom of the hill is a spring that we let it out in.


#nErDcampmi was amazing!  This is Annie and I after the Nerd Run, where Annie re-reserved us a hotel room while running the 5K(long story, see her post), and where we awarded ourselves winners of the Iowa division of this race.  (We didn't know there were actual awards.  Oops.)


I-80 West Please.  I'm not a great traveler, but #nErDcampmi was worth it, and I'm so thankful that I was able to go on this trip!  

So graduate school is no longer hanging over my head. (For now!)  I can't wait to lounge in the pool, read some more books, start training for a half marathon in the fall, and gear up for school.  

Let's Celebrate!  Joy!
--Kendra



4 comments:

  1. The pictures didn't load in my browser but I still enjoyed your post. I too tend to get caught up in what needs to be done rather than be grateful for all the things I've been able to accomplish. Have more enjoyable moments ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pix didn't load for me either :-(. So glad you were able to celebrate the I did's! I often add things to my to do list just so I can cross them off! It seems like we are always doing something it just may not be what we planned! How blessed you are to find those celebrations among the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same problem with the pictures. :-( I can still appreciate your celebrations, though, and understand your anxiety about summer tasks. It's going so fast! I can't help but get a little panicky, too, but taking time out to celebrate certainly helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nerdcamp was so amazing, wasn't it? I want to hold that celebration in my heart all year!! And I understand about that feeling of not getting everything done. I try to remind myself (frequently), I know I'm busy and that's a good thing. It's ok. Do what you can. (I might need to go say that to myself again today!) Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete