Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Celebrate! Thrive.



Dear Friends, You can celebrate too!  Link up at www.ruthayres.com.  I thank Ruth for sharing her space with us. 
I'm so excited to reconnect with all of you now that graduate school is over.  (It's okay.  I passed.)  :)  

I agree wholeheartedly with the idea of living with intention around a word.  When I set goals or consider decisions to be made, stopping to reflect on an idea or a concept has proven to be powerful for me.

This is my 3rd year of using a One Little Word.
2014:  Strong.
2015:  Enough.

2016:  Thrive.

Why?

As I get further into my new job, as my kids are growing up, I'm learning so much.

One thing I'm fascinated by is how God has taken a journey of graduate school and a new job.  I thought I was headed in one direction, and pretty much crash landed in another.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.  (More words are coming to tell this story.  I'm crafting how to share this journey, because it's not over yet.)

At the end of 2015, I was reflecting on how good the move was for our family.  And how we are starting to flourish and be healthy and vigorous again.  (Nothing bad was happening, just the ruts that we all fall into.)

More of that for 2016 please.  More healthy and vigorous growth all the way around please!  (Maybe not my pant size anymore though...)  :D

More blossoming personally and professionally.  I'm not sure what that means yet.  I think it means a return to half-marathon running, more cooking in the kitchen, professional reading that I'm interested in perusing, more writing, family nights, date nights, connecting more with my friends and neighbors, etc.

I'm excited to see how we Thrive this year.  I look forward to celebrating 2016 with all of you!

Joy!
Kendra

PS.  A song to get us started...








3 comments:

  1. Love how you led us down the wonderful path to "thrive", including music! You must be so excited to have finished your degree. Congratulations big time! And it is nice to hear that things in your new home are good. Happy New Year thriving, Kendra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra, congrats on finishing grad school! Woo Hoo! Love your OLW! And you mentioned several of my possibilities for OLW in your post. Celebrating here is one of the best parts of my week. Can't wait to hear those posts to come about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing grad school! "Thrive" is such a healthy and passionate word. I hope it helps you move towards all the "more" you are hoping. "More blossoming" sounds poetic.

    ReplyDelete