Pages

Monday, January 22, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?




Visit Jen at Teach MentorTexts and Kellee and Ricki at UnleashingReaders to see what they've been reading, along with everyone else who links up.


Last week, we were out of school on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.  There was a 2 hour delay the next day.  Throw in a snow day the week before, I just didn't want to rush through important lessons on compassion, equality, and friendship.  

So this is the week.  Here's what we are reading to discuss compassion and equality.  We have also started brainstorming what we can do to change the world and promote compassion in our community.  
6644750

22749711


160943

1004012

These are just the beginning and for this week.  I'll keep adding to the stack.  What do you have for recommendations?  So many important reads!  

Joy!
Kendra

3 comments:

  1. Nice diverse selections! I have been wanting to read Drum Dream Girl for over a year. My library finally has it. I am on the waiting list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice selection, Kendra. I know you got the title from my post, Still A Family which would be good, plus Nerdy Birdy Tweets is about empathy. Last week I shared another story, and an interesting allegory about families and illegal crossings--Pancho and The Coyotes. I'm not sure it's great for the very young, but 2nd & up. One more is Each Kindness, something that I even used for my middle school students. Enjoy your time doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these except the Martin Luther King book are new to me. Thanks to your post here I've discovered my local library branch has a copy of Drum Dream Girl. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete