Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Thoughts on Run Like A Pirate-Day One



40783909


It's true.  March ended and my writing went silent.  
Well.  No it didn't.  I just went out to collect stories.  
I just wasn't putting them here.  
But after finishing this book, I realized, it was time.  

Time for the stories.  

Have you read this book?  I'll wait while you go order it... 

Are you done?  Good.  

This book?  Stirs things up.  
Don't read it if you are content being right where you are.  
It will push you.  It pushed me.  

So let's get on with the story telling, shall we?

In chapter 3 of Run Like a Pirate, Adam talks about clarity.  

Where does yours come from?

My thinking place is definitely outside.  On a trail, running or hiking or biking.  

What happens is the music is playing? (because I do have one ear bud in.  Hip hop on the trail for me!)
I can release anything that is considered a "have to" and just let my mind open up.   Ideas and thoughts that maybe seem impossible other places are only possible on the trail.  

This book also reminded me that writing clarifies things for me.  
So here I am.  

Over the next 6ish days, I'll be writing about my thoughts from this book.  
(Order it already!)

Also J, if you are reading this, I ordered Wild Card.  It's here on Monday.  :)

Joy!
Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment