Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

#LoveMySchool

Hello Friends.  Twitter doesn't give me enough space to tell you why I love My School.  The whole community really.

A few thoughts about why I love my school:

I woke up this morning tired.  It's been a long week.  Right away, I saw on Twitter #LoveMySchool.  It reminded me that I have Amazing Super Colleagues that have supported me everyday this week.  From just hugging me, to texting me to make sure I was up for the day, they are the best.  In between the Love, we chattered about Literacy data for next year, paperwork, and what was for lunch.  After a few years of working together, the conversations are open, honest, and amazing.  These are some of the smartest people I know.

I started to tweet about why I love my school today.  My intent was to take pictures and tweet throughout the day of things that I noticed that I loved.  I made it to 12:30 and then needed to come out from behind the camera and focus my attention elsewhere.

Here is what I observed:

  • My class is amazing at starting the day on a positive note.  I never would have reconsidered a morning meeting if it wasn't for our assistant principal.  A Shout Out to Mr. Vaughan!  This encouragement has been one of the best moves I've made in the past two years within my classroom.
  • Our school has an amazing support staff.  I watched my literacy associate patiently explain the life cycle of a plant about 7 times today after reading about seeds in Time for Kids.  
  • Our Teacher-Librarian is also amazing.  He really has taken a hold of our new reading materials and inter-weaved some amazing literature that connects with what is happening in the classroom.  
  • We have amazing staff outside of our classrooms.  Our secretary was helping with my kids in P.E. yesterday because that is what needed to happen.  When it was time for some quiet time, the nurse opened her office to me yesterday so I could just sip some tea for a moment.  Our administration listens, questions, and encourages all the while.  They are supportive of new ideas.  
  • We have good facilities.  
  • Our special education teachers are innovative and amazing and never give up.
There is more I'm sure of it.  But I wanted to reflect on this Friday.  What a great way to end the week!  

What do you love about your school?

Joy!
Kendra


No comments:

Post a Comment