Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I'm joining Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers for It's Monday!  What Are You Reading?  



Front Cover

This is my current afternoon read-aloud with my first grade friends.  This is an awesome book about friends, second grade/elementary school, and the thoughts an 8 year old has.  My kids are connecting to it and loving it!  

Flora & Ulysses

After seeing this book a few places, and trying to get my hands on it, I'm going to have to order it! Trying to borrow it has been elusive, which is making me want to read it more!   Confession: I'm not reading this book yet, but am so excited to!  

Our Teacher-Librarian has been reading award winning books with us as a class lately, and my students are really into what awards a book has won!  (Another avenue for them to try new reading material.  Which was a goal of mine.)  This past week, we were introduced to an old favorite:

Henry and Mudge and the Great Grandpas

After hearing this title, I had several kids who were demanding to know where "Henry and Mudge was."  (Yes, was.)  They are moving in my classroom now, and they were scouring our school library on Friday to try and find them.  

Happy Reading! 
--Kendra 

No comments:

Post a Comment