Two Writing Teachers host Slice of Life on their blog. Join us and link up too!
It's late, I'm usually doing other things by now. I'm basically unclogging my brain because I need to because I haven't been writing like I keep telling myself I would.
So, I bring you, a post of random thoughts and wonders floating around in my head tonight.
1. Shortly before my Grandmother passed, we had an awesome moment together. It involved me playing hymns at the piano, and no one else around. (I nearly majored in piano for undergrad--a fun fact). She told me I was "getting rusty" and "don't let those boys keep you from your music." :) Since we've returned from her funeral, I've played everyday for at least 20 minutes. Man, I miss her.
2. Do you like to cook? I mean Really like to cook? 2 hours prep time and the whole she-bang. What do you cook for new friends coming over that you don't know well?
3. My firsties are the best. Fish and all, I adore them this year.
4. I'm taking a tech class for grad school. I wish the days had unlimited hours so we could do all the things! I'm learning how to prioritize and keep it authentic.
5. Running. To run the half or not run the half? I have no idea how fast I am, but have been running all the miles without tracking my splits. Simply glorious. But am I now a runner who just runs but doesn't race? Why am I struggling so much with that?
6. I'm reading a couple of great books. The Big Disconnect: Proteching Childhood and Family Relationships in the Digital Age by Catherine Steiner-Adair, EdD. Also, Savannah Breeze by Mary Kay Andrews. Loving the tech read, highly recommend. Savannah Breeze? Completely an escape.
7. Today, I heard a child announce that Jesus was from Minnesota. No joke. Except I couldn't stop laughing.
8. I love this season where baseball meets football. It should have it's own name.
9. I'm still considering the idea of choice in the math workshop. What does that really look like? Not rotations, stations, lamination. I mean a true choice experience. Are my kids ready for this?
10. I think I'm ready to get in bed and read!
*Feel free to chime in if you have thoughts on any of these topics. :) They were all ideas for various blog posts.