An idea from our keynote speaker, Annette Oliver.
Think Wonder, Imagination, Curiosity...
With a bag full of random, and I mean random items, invite children to do one of the following:
- create a new game
- tell a story
- make a list of words that begin with the same letter as each item
- describe ways in which they are different, and which they are the same..
- use items to create a person or animal
- create an invitation
- sketch or create an invention.
- make something that moves.
Our bag had pop caps, poker chips, small wooden blocks.
We created a train. :)
We also used this time to look at Twitter and other social media forms to tell our stories. What a great discussion about telling our stories as we play!