Two Writing Teachers host Slice of Life on their blog. Join us and link up too!
I was stuck this morning on what to write about.
I puttered in the kitchen, contemplating if I should write. (Of course I should write...silly...)
Just like that, some ideas about my OLW developed.
My word: Strong.
Here's how Strong showed itself to me in 2014:
- it showed itself in the creativity that was used last January and February (and March?!?!) when it was so cold, we would go for days without playing outside.
- in the deep breathing that took place when students were asking for love in the hardest of ways.
- in winter runs when it's me, a headlamp, and a face mask.
- in a graduate class that was intrusive and unsettling.
- in a girl who learned to ask for help from the people she loved the most and learned that together is better.
- in a girl who learned to say no to the extra and yes to what really matters to her.
Funny, because I thought that Strong would have resulted in:
- industrious, organized days.
- a clean house.
- dinner freshly made every night.
- more exercise.
- a louder voice in the work I'm doing.
This was a fun journey. Next year, I'm contemplating crafts and reminders of what I'm experiencing. I would love to document the journey even more. (And some OLWs are starting to surface already!)
Did you have a OLW? If you blogged about it, send me the link, and I'll check it out!