Pages

Friday, March 11, 2016

SOL 11: Share

This post is part of the 9th Annual Slice of Life Writing Challenge.  Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for their hospitality and support!  Join Us!

9th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge Invite


I say it several times a day, "You can share!"

I have a visual graphic of it in my classroom.

We insist on it as grown ups teaching children.

Each day I consider the sharing that takes place.

Sharing of thoughts.  Sharing of tape.  Sharing of swings and recess balls.

The kids have it down.  (Mostly)

Sometimes I wonder, why don't I?

Jesus is pretty clear about this one:  Share with those who need it.  Share your home.  Share your food.  Share Me.

As it usually goes, when I drag my feet to share, I'm tired.  Cynical.  Worn out.

But when I'm extending hospitality, sharing that food, and reaching out with His Word?

I feel purposeful.

I feel invigorated.

I feel strong.

I thrive.

Let's share.

Joy!
Kendra

1 comment:

  1. Nice reflection, and you're right, we need to expect what we say to apply to us too.

    ReplyDelete