Pages

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

SOL Challenge Day One: Create in Me.

slice of life_individual

Link up at www.twowritingteachers.wordpress.com.  We are so grateful for this community. 

It's not lost on me that the first day of the SOL challenge is also the first day of such a reflective season in the church year.  

Psalm 51 has been read on this Ash Wednesday.  I like verses 10-12 :

Create in me a pure heart, O God, 
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not case me from your presence
Or take your Holy Spirit from Me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
And grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

There is always a lot of reflection about what to DO during these 40 days.  Give up this, do that, go here, sing that, don't sing that...  And all are good.  Maybe I'm not disciplined enough.  But it never works for me.  I always cave.  Always.  

But this season, I'm being called to turn inward.  Not just for self improvement.  But to really ask myself what is pleasing to God?

So tonight , as I sit here, I'm asking for God to work on me from within.  A prayer for this Ash Wednesday:

Make me unwavering in my life work.  Family, Friends, Work...make me steadfast so other's see Jesus when they look.
Continue to show me what I need to confess, so the relationship can be joyful.  Bring the full and complete life that only You can. 
Strengthen me in these 40 days to be joyful and constantly in Your presence.  

Also?  

This Song!  It's catchy and perfect for dancing about in the kitchen to.  Because while it's reflective, we aren't stuck in the dumps you know...




It's one of my favorites by Rend Collective.   And I sang/prayed it a lot 2 years ago this month when I was pondering what turned out to be a job move.  


There maybe more slicing on this topic.  Maybe not.  


Tomorrow?  I'm planning to blog on Seesaw and Math vocabulary.  :)  I love March.  

Joy!
Kendra



5 comments:

  1. So fitting that I opened your post. I loved it! I actually wrote about Lent too! :) I hope that your Lenten journey allows the Lord to do what he will with you. He's with you, right at your side. I'm looking forward to reading about your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have mentioned thus before, but the invite is open for the Spiritual Journey First Thursday. Our link up is tomorrow. Great place for inward reflection. No pressure just an invite. I always think of you and dancing in the kitchen! You have written about that before! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't thought about the connection between these times of reflection. May you find these times of reflection to bring you peace and new understandings.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you felt a connection to your faith starting tonight with Ash Wednesday and the SOLC too. What a journey you have ahead, Kendra. And I don't remember about your dancing in the kitchen. Maybe you'll share more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful prayer!
    God is so good.

    ReplyDelete