Two Writing Teachers have written about the Slice of Life on their blog. Head on over and check it out!
1. A pizza party with family. My favorite part? When "Angelina Ballerina"--my niece--came barreling down the stairs dressed as Captain America. She's so funny. The cousins are now enjoying a sleepover.
2. Drinks and Cheese Balls with my husband to watch a basketball game at a local sports bar. Who leaves their house at 8 PM on a Thursday night to go somewhere fun? We did. :)
3. Breakfast with "my ladies." My favorite quote to one of us? "Why are you dressed?" Translation: "You are showered and wearing matching clothes." (She was going to buy a car after eating breakfast with us.) To teachers on spring break, this just brought uproarious laughter. Which I love.
4. Breakfast ran right into lunch with another friend who I hadn't seen a couple of weeks.
5. Shopping for a few hours sans kids. Some new additions for my classroom from the teacher store, and a new pair of jeans for me!
6. A nap, followed by quiet time.
7. Texting with my sister-in-law who works at a book store about Flora and Ulysses. I love books. I'm getting ready to start A Snicker of Magic.
8. Local tacos and a trip to the bookstore? (I may have a problem. ) Yes please!
I hope that you are finding ways to stay renewed and refreshed. Happy Spring!