Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Slice of Life Day One: Here are My Plans



Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 6.09.23 AM

So.  I mapped out my writing plan for the month. 

And then it promptly changed. 

That pretty much sums up the past few years. 

I'll make some plans.  And they promptly change. 

And then.  A wise friend said this to me just last week, "I just stopped.  And I turned it all over to God to see where He would take me." 

And you know what?  She is doing some really Cool things. 

I believe in that kind of stuff.  I believe that her turning over some things and the Cool things that came of it are related. 

It's like a wild ride really.  And I think I want to be on it. 


This video clip?  Hit me like bricks when we were watching this movie the other night.  The part where Morgan Freeman, AKA God, is straight up laughing at the plans that Steve Carrell's character has made.  

I'm pretty sure God laughs at me that way.  In a loving, you have no idea what you are doing kind of way.  

It's cool.  Because I'm stubborn.  I want to do well.  I want to achieve.  

But God?  Here are the plans.  You take them.  

Joy!
Kendra



4 comments:

  1. Love this clip and I love "God's" laugh. I am sure he laughs at me like that too. My plans...no HIS plans! Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I make plans too. And then, life happens. I have 4 boys...not my plan. :) I'm wishing you the best on 31 days. We're in it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan on labeling some topics that I would have written about anyway as Slice of Life. Today I began writing about our 2nd Transportation Works conference. I'm a retired teacher who rides the local bus and belongs to a non-profit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra, happy to see that you are back again for the challenge -- and that it was part of God's plan! Enjoy the month!

    ReplyDelete