Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Celebrate This Week! 1/11/2014


Discover. Play. Build.
I'm linking with Ruth Ayres, and her weekly link up.  Read More about that here.  What a wonderful idea from Ruth Ayres!

1.  Celebrating the Cold
Even though we missed two days of school, that extra time allowed me to:

  • plan and organize a bit more.  This always helps my family in the long run.  
  • have more games and giggles with my family.  
  • eat well balanced lunch
  • drink coffee and read
2.  Celebrating School

  • I missed my kiddos.  It was time to get into a routine of learning together!
  • As a class, we have finally found our groove, where we are learing How to read, but we are learning that we can Love reading too.  It took some work this year, but I think we did it! 
  • As a class, we are more aware of our choices and how they impact others.  This was a project that really helped us tune into what choices we are making. We watch it everyday to start our day.   Inside recess did make for some jitters by the end of this week, but we are making progress overall.   
3. Celebrate Strong

My One Word for the year is Strong.  
At school I felt strong when I was observing the shift in learners in reading and social interactions.

I felt strong at home when 'chores' were done (a tidy and fairly clean house) and we had our routine organized as a family. It made our transition back into our routine so much easier.

I felt strong when I was speaking up (a bit out of my character) in my church about our community and how we as a faith community could be strong in supporting families who are in transition or poverty and need supports.  Someone actually pulled me aside and said these words, "That's the most I've ever heard you speak!"

Hopefully next week I will be able to celebrate Strong choices in what I'm eating and the exercise I'm doing.(Read: these two areas weren't as strong!)  

What are you celebrating this Saturday?  Have a great weekend!

Kendra



No comments:

Post a Comment