Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My First Book of the Year...

1a

What I love about blogging with Annie, is right when I think I'm finished, there's something else I can think about sharing with you!  So a quick blog post about my First Book of the Year.  

I was going through my books over winter break.  I have gathered quite a collection.  For various reasons, I haven't been reading them as voraciously as I would like.  I hope to be a strong reader in 2014.  

I have two titles that I'm working on, but the title that has taken over today is Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prision by Piper Kerman.  I remember buying this book at the book store when I was on a date with my husband.  (My favorite date spot?  The book store.)  It is a phenomenal memoir about reckless decisions that are made when young.  The story is captivating.  


Thanks to Annie for finding something cool to write about!  The original link comes from Shelia at Book Journey.  http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/2013/12/06/first-book-of-the-year-2014/

Kendra

1 comment:

  1. My wife and I really enjoyed the series on Netflix. It was deep and rich with characters. I haven't read the book, though.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete