Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I'm joining Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers for It's Monday!  What Are You Reading?.

So this post almost didn't happen. I've never seen a 5 year old put on quite a production at bedtime.  If you are familiar with Love and Logic, you will understand when I say I think Jim and Charlie would have been proud.  :)  (Maybe Saturday night, not so much...)  Anyway, the logical/early childhood side of me understands the 5 year old working on a sense of self regulation.  His Mama  however was in the hallway doing a yoga pose at one point just saying over and over again, "I know it's dark at night, I love you."  And I had to blog about it to have that little volcano eruption now that it's fine and all over since we are sleeping peacefully...So...on to the books!  This week in our reading lounge we have new nonfiction from our library. 

  A clever, engaging book on the states of matter.  It even dives into density a bit.  


This book shares facts related to what animals will do regarding behavior in a lifetime, or how an animal will change and grow in a lifetime.  The combination of nature and math is pretty awesome.  


I love the Pebble Plus brand from Capstone.  We are celebrating on Wednesday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment